28 June 2008

New Music I Push: short lists are hard to do

Someone asked for a list of new and new-to-me music from the last 5 years or so that I could recommend for him to check out.  My brain is now like the straw dispenser jammed by too many straws trying to get out at once—I spend a lot of time looking for new music.  I managed to cut it down somewhat by listing only stuff I listen to regularly and/or actively tell people they should listen to.

Not-Short List of Newish Music I Listen to & Recommend

Shorter List
  • ACRES
  • Dewey Cox
  • Drowning Pool
  • Five Star Iris
  • Lee Mellor
  • Lights and Sounds
  • Maroon 5
  • Michael Tolcher
  • The Mooney Suzuki
  • Muse
  • The Phlegmatics
More
  • Arcade Fire
  • Celldweller
  • Deadbeat Poets
  • Deadstar Assembly
  • Fluid Lines
  • Jake Newton
  • Manu Chao
  • Neurosonic
  • Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
Bonus List
  • Audiology
  • Blonde Redhead
  • Confliction
  • Conjunto Colores
  • Fanoe
  • Karsh Kale
  • Mudvayne
  • Pecker
  • Plusminus X
  • Stereoside
  • Thanks for Nothing
  • Through and Throughout
  • Tremoloco
  • Urbansnake
  • Wipers
  • Zeromancer

No comments: