17 June 2011

"Hiatus" sounds so much better than "collapse"

Wow. Two years. Damn, where did the time go? My life got sucked into a whirlpool and I've just gotten my head back above the water, and that's enough about that.

Now I just have to think of something clever and important to write. Snort. Yeah, right, ok, whatever.

My music collection is a mess. My iTunes library is still on my old laptop, which got commandeered by the young'uns and is now giving the death-rattle of a dying fan. The music files are on my new small wonderful portable external HD, so that's safe. I hate to go through the hard labor of getting a new library set up and I'm using a shared computer anyway, so I've been stalling. That means no syncing and no proper last.fm scrobbling. I've been badly broke, but whatever newer music I've bought is on my work PC where I use winamp.

I have been using the Pandora/last.fm mashup Pandora.FM a lot, though. (Check out my Pandora profile!) Pandora still troubles me because it wants to play me more of the same music I already like. I wish it had a "play someone else's station at random" button. I can't be the only person who likes to be challenged or to find new music.

What's next for Amber, aside from untangling my music? I think I can find a thing or two to say about Youtube, so-called reality TV and the loss of good old variety shows, the demise of imeem, Pandora, Second Life, and earbuds. Maybe I'll even be able to work up some entertaining rants. We'll see.

No comments: