02 July 2009

Returning with Glee

I haven't been around in a while, and I could write a whole long "my dog ate my homework and I had a bad hair day" entry, but why? I had a buncha stuff going on and my life got eaten up by it. I kept listening to music and making notes on cool things to share with you all, so here we go again.

I still haven't watched an episode of High School Musical and still don't feel like bothering. The bits I've seen make it look way past my annoying threshold, and that is from someone who loves musicals.

I have been bitten by the Glee bug though. Fox very cleverly ran the first episode and now is making us all wait until the fall to see more. Wah. I want it now. I'm not sure I'm going to love the story, but the music is great. If you can't watch the episode, all the musical parts are available on YouTube.

I ran across some covers of the choral version of Journey's "Don't Stop Believing" from Glee. First I was amused (covering a cover? snicker) but this one put me straight.


The performance is stunningly good and the video is good. And clever, too.

I'm baaaaaack. Are you ready for more ukuleles?

No comments: